Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Great Weekend for Reno

Although Friday's weather ended up being windier than expected, the weekend events had a great turnout.
Before heading over to the sold-out Aces game, I walked along the river and stopped in at Urban Beets for their grand opening. I enjoyed crostinis with creamy artichoke dip and live jazz in the background. Side note: the Mark Sexton Band made an appearance to a standing room only crowd at Urban Beets on Sunday, disappointed I missed that.
I made my way over to the Aces, along with much of Reno, and after a 30 minute wait for beer, I have to say it was all worth while. Good company with friends and a sense of belonging in our seats, I am happy to have baseball season back.
The wine walk welcomed over 1,000 people this Saturday! And Buckbean Brewery celebrated their 3rd anniversary with a special bourbon barrel beer.
With the Autism Run/Walk starting off the running season this Sunday, we couldn't have asked for better weather.
If you missed some of the great outside events this weekend, I hope you still soaked up the sun with a hike or walk near the river. This is just the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment